Manufactured Home Devices


I am working on a manufactured home I bought and I needed to put a GFCI in the kitchen. I found that the receptacle had romex? wired in and out of the plug, but they were not in a box and the plug and switch had wings on the sides so they worked like a reworked box when you tighten the screws on the corners. My question is, are these special receptacles and switches and wiring?



Manufactured home manufacturing companies commonly use the devices described above.    When AdenBecks must work on such devices we install an “old work” box and feed the wiring into the box.  After that we use standard devices such as are used in all other construction.  AdenBecks recommends using licensed and qualified electricians for this type of work.  Being electrocuted is a bad thing, as is an electrical fire.